Inside: 37 Cute Rook Piercing Ideas .
The rook piercing is one of the more unusual inner-ear piercings. The tragus and the daith tend to be more popular choices, but who wants to look the same as everyone else? Besides looking fresh and delicate, the rook piercing is versatile, and it’s having quite a moment right now.
No piercing is pain-free, but we wanted to find out how painful the rook piercing is, how long it takes to heal, what types and materials are best, and whether it will suit you.
So check out everything you need to know about the cute rook piercing.
What is a Rook Piercing?
A rook piercing is a cartilage piercing in the uppermost ridge of your inner ear, located above the tragus in the antihelix. The piercer uses a hollow needle to go through the cartilage of your rook and then insert the jewelry. Rook piercings are safe as long as they are done by a professional using a sterile technique.
Does a Rook Piercing Hurt?
When we think about having a piercing, one of the first (and common) worries is if it hurts. Although pain is relative, this type of piercing goes through a very thick layer of cartilage, which is usually more painful and takes a little more time to heal.
Cute Rook Earrings
1. Thin Gold Hoop
2. Curved Barbell Rook Jewelry
3. Double Rook Hoops
4. Diamond Flower Curved Barbell Ring
5. Classic Curved Ball Barbell Jewelry
6. Heart Shaped Hook Earring
7. Gold Curved Barbell Rook Jewelry
8. Double Diamond Earring
9. Damond Triangle Barbell
10. Butterfly Diamond Curved Barbell
Healing Time for Rook Piercing
Rook piercings are particularly slow to heal. It will take between 3 and 10 months for it to heal completely. It may remain tender throughout this time, especially if it gets infected.
Rook Piercing Jewelry
11. Gold Hoop Cuff
12. Bumblebee and Honeycomb Curved Barbell
13. Hoop with Dangling Charm
14. Gold Curved Barbell with Star
15. Shiney Gold Rook Cuff
16. Rook Piercing Stud
17. Starburst Rook Jewelry
18. Dangling Diamond Trio
19. Diamond Trio Triangle
20. Double Rook Hoops
Rook Piercing Aftercare
Aftercare is the most important part of a new piercing. Without proper aftercare, your piercing will likely become infected and fail within a few weeks.
How to Clean Rook Piercing
There are two ways to go when washing your piercing: Use a store-bought saline solution or make a sea salt mixture at home. Plan on washing your piercing two to three times a day for three to six months. The following are a few tips for optimal piercing care:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching or washing your piercing.
- Find a store-bought saline solution or spray and use it at least twice a day to clean the area. Saturate clean gauze or paper towels in saline and gently wipe the area around your piercing.
- You do not have to rotate your piercing during cleaning or at any other time.
- Some piercers recommend washing with a gentle, fragrance-free soap.
- Use a sea salt mixture instead of saline by dissolving 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoons of non-ionized sea salt into one cup of distilled or bottled water.
- Preform a sea salt bath once per day by dissolving salt into warm (not hot) distilled or bottled water. Put it in a mug, tilt your head, and hold your ear in the solution for three to five minutes.
- Only dry your ear with clean paper towels. Don’t use cloths that could have bacteria on them.
Cool Rook Piercing Ideas
21. Thin Gold Hoop
22. Curved Barbell Rook Jewelry
23. Double Rook Hoops
24. Diamond Flower Curvecd Barbell Ring
25. Classic Curved Ball Barbell Jewelry
26. Heart Shaped Hook Earring
27. Gold Curved Barbell Rook Jewelry
28. Double Diamond Earring
29. Damond Triangle Barbell
30. Butterfly Diamond Curved Barbell
How Much Does a Rook Piercing Cost?
Where you live and where you get it done will definitely determine a price range, but it’s usually between $30 and $80 (plus the jewelry).
Rook Piercing Inspiration
31. Gold Hoop Cuff
32. Bumblebee and Honeycomb Curved Barbell
33. Hoop with Dangling Charm
34. Gold Curved Barbell with Star
35. Shiney Gold Rook Cuff
36. Rook Piercing Stud
37. Starburst Rook Jewelry
More Cute Piercing Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these cute rook piercing ideas, then check out a few more of our a favorite piercings.
- Cute Facial Piercing Ideas – If you can’t decide where to place your next stud then here are a few cute facial piercing ideas just for you. Traditionally, most women wear ear studs, but actually, there’s so much more out there. From the massive collection of ear piercing placements, you also have spots like your nose, lips, and eyebrows. Piercings are very versatile and look gorgeous too! In fact, you can even customize them according to your preference and personality. Typically, you can pierce any part of your body as long as it has a skin covering. If you want to try any of these then be sure to look for a reliable piercing parlor or tattoo shop.
- Double Helix Piercing – f you’re looking for an eye-catching new way to display your body jewelry, a double helix piercing might be perfect for you. A helix piercing is any piercing made to the upper cartilage of the ear – but there are different kinds of helix piercings. A standard helix piercing is made in the outer upper cartilage, but you can also get forward-backward, double, or even triple helix piercings.
- Classy Lip Piercing – The lips can say so much, and when it comes to adding a lip piercing, they say a whole lot more! With such a wide array of lip and cheek piercings, it can be hard to find the right piercing for you. No matter the location of your lip piercing, you want to make sure you find a style that suits you. Check out our favorite classy lip piercing ideas…(Read More)