Inside: 43 Third Eye Piercing Ideas.
The cultural statement worn in South Asian countries, known as bindis, are colored dots placed on the forehead that sometimes are replaced by a little piece of jewelry.
Although not exclusive for women, it’s predominantly used by them and all sorts of new creative innovations of the ancient facial decoration are trending. Its interpretations may vary depending on the country and religious tradition they are being used for.
The traditions and meanings behind bindis are slowly being forgotten, yet their use is still a perfect way for many to stylize their face or match an outfit. Bindis became so popular that they have inspired other facial embellishment methods like the third eye piercing.
Unlike paint or glued bindis, the third eye piercing is long-lasting and it’s being used among all cultures. It’s a perfect way to give your face a new glow. If you are thinking about getting one of these cosmic-inspired piercings, then check out our favorite third eye piercing inspiration.
What is a Third Eye Piercing?
The piercing is a perforation made between the eyebrows vertically at the bridge of the nose. Third Eye Piercing is also referred to as the ‘bindi’ piercing, vertical bridge piercing, Forehead piercing or the unicorn piercing. According to Hinduism and Buddhism, the ‘bindi’ (a facial embellishment adorned by women in some Asian countries) or third eye symbolizes enlightenment.
Thrid Eye Piercing Pain + Aftercare
Pain is relative to different people and getting a third eye piercing is dependent on a number of factors. Firstly, it depends on the efficiency of the piercing artist. Also, different people have different thresholds. However, the piercing causes lesser pain than the other types.
The time depends on regular cleaning of the wound and the care taken by the use of piercing aftercare products. It can take anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks to completely heal.
Third Eye Piercing Ideas
The third eye is also symbolic of enlightenment, clairvoyance and deep spiritual knowledge, which is why it’s popular among yoga practitioners. Even in popular Western culture, the third eye denotes psychic abilities and spiritual peace. With the piercing in that location, it evokes this symbolism of intuition and knowledge.
1. Gold Stud Diamond
2. Double Diamond Drop Piercing
3. Gold Flower Diamond Jewelry
4. Simple Double Studs
5. 14k Gold Dermal Piercing Jewelry
6. Solid Round Diamond Dermal Third Eye
7. Holographic Third Eye Piercing
8. Mandala and Moon Piercing Jewelry
9. Bright Blue Third Eye Jewelry
10. Opal Jewelry
Third Eye Dermal Piercing Inspiration
11. Rose Gold with Amethyst Third Eye
12. Unique Shape of Jewelry
13. Simple Third Eye with Face Tattoos
14. Colorful Piercing Between Eyes
15. Double Diamond Forehead Piercing
16. Flower Third Eye Dermal
17. Double Diamond Drop Piercing
18. Gold Flower Diamond Jewelry
19. Simple Double Studs
20. Diamond Dermal Bindi Piercing
What Jewelry Can I Wear With My Third Eye Piercing?
The third eye piercing will only take a barbell that’s suitable to your anatomy (possibly a straight or surface barbell). But, that doesn’t mean that you can’t get creative with styles. Try out different charms, gemstones, or even pearls and opals for a truly alluring look.
Trying to imagine what your third eye piercing would look like? Here are some third eye piercing jewelry to try
21. Double Ball Gold Bar
22. Crystal Curved Barbell
23. Flat Surface Piercing Jewelry
24. Opal Flower Flat Jewelry
25. Golden Marquise Sparkle Prong Set
Pros and Cons of Forehead Piercing
If you’re on the fence about getting a third eye piercing, let’s have a look at the pros and cons of it as this may help you to make your decision.
Forehead Piercing Pros
- It’s an uncommon piercing that stands out
- It’s less painful than most other piercings
- It makes a statement about your style and personality
- It can be minimal and barely there, or loud and attention-getting based on your style
Forehead Piercing Cons
- It’s not easy to hide this as it’s smack dab in the middle of your forehead
- There are limited jewelry options for this piercing
- It can easily snag on your clothing or hair
- The risk of rejection and migration is high
Piercing Between Eyes
The third eye piercing is interpreted in various ways depending on the country and the religious tradition that it’s being used for. In Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, bindis placed in between the eyebrows are believed to be the centre of the universe.
31. Diamond and Moon Jewelry
32. Double Opal Forehead Piercing
33. Triple 3rd Eye Piercing
34. Round Diamond Forehead Piercing
35. Rose Gold with Amethyst Third Eye
36. Unique Shape of Jewelry
37. Simple Third Eye with Face Tattoos
38. Colorful Piercing Between Eyes
39. Double Diamond Forehead Piercing
40. Flower Third Eye Dermal
41. Double Bindi Piercing
42. Gold Flower Diamond Jewelry
43. Simple Double Studs
More Cool Piercing Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these cool third eye piercing ideas, then check out a few more of our favorite piercing inspirations.
- Cute Smiley Piercing – Do you want a piercing that is not only aesthetically cute but also something that everyone will love? One of our favorite things about this piercing is its element of ‘surprise’. What I mean by that is, no one really knows that you have that until you flash your teeth their way. It’s like a bonus element when you smile.
- When Can I Change My Ear Piercing? – I think we can all agree that one of the best parts of a piercing is the jewelry. If you’ve paid to have your piercing done, chances are you don’t want it to close up, and you’d be surprised how quickly this can happen with new piercings. the longer you have a piercing, the longer you can leave it without wearing an earring/piece of jewelry.
- How Long Does a Tongue Piercing Take to Heal? – The healing process of a piercing can sometimes we be the most delicate part. So how long does it actually take? Your tongue is a muscle, so its healing process can be slightly different from a skin piercing. Tongue piercings heal quite quickly compared to other body piercings. However, the healing time can vary from person to person and depends heavily on how well the tongue piercing is being cared for at the start of its life.