Inside: Striking Snake Bites Piercing Ideas + Jewelry.
You may be familiar with the labret piercing, which sits in the middle of the face just below the bottom lip. Snake bites piercings are similar, but there are actually two separate piercings: one on each side of the face.
The snake bite piercing is known for its striking appearance; it’s hard to miss two big piercings right below your bottom lip. The name of the piercing comes from the look it gives you: as if you have the fangs of a snake, or as if a snake bit you right there!
Snake bites piercings are a great idea for someone who wants to drastically alter their look or someone who just wants an attention-grabbing piercing. But before heading to the piercing studio, there’s a fair amount to consider about getting snake bites piercings.
What are Snake Bites Piercings?
A snake bites piercing is two piercings on the lower lip. Those piercings are separated by a lot of space – one goes on the left side of your mouth and the other goes on the right side. Like spider bite piercings, snake bites are meant to be spaced as evenly — just as a real snake bite would look on the skin.
Do Snake Bite Piercings Hurt?
While snake bite piercings may sound intense, the pain is often on the lower end of the threshold. If you’ve had any cartilage piercings in the past, a lip piercing should be a breeze! Snake bites and other lip piercings are only slightly more painful than earlobe piercings as the skin in this area is soft and doesn’t contain too many nerve endings. Often, people find the clamps more painful than the needle itself.
Snake Bites Piercing Ideas
Let’s start off this list with a collection of classic snake bites piercings that any piercing lover would like.
1. Simple Snake Bites Studs
2. Double Snake Bites Piercings
3. Spiked Snake Bites Jewelry
4. Hooped Lip Piercings
5. Small Gold Hoop Jewelry Pieces
6. Silver Ball Studs
7. Diamond Hoops for Snake Bites
How Long do Snake Bite Piercings Take to Heal?
Snake bites or other lip piercings usually take about two to four months to heal completely. Never attempt to change your jewelry before a piercing is fully healed as this could extend the healing process or cause other complications. Sticking to your aftercare routine will help assure your snake bites heal properly and as quickly as possible.
Snake Bite Piercing Jewelry
A labret bar is a standard bar, like one used in a barbell; however, a labret bar has a flat base on one end and a removable ball on the other. A labret bar can be internally or externally threaded.
8. Gold Diamond Studs
9. Simple Black Hoops
10. Gold Spiked Hoops for Lip Piercing
11. Star Diamond Lip Jewelry
12. Twisted Barbell with Studs
How Much are Snake Bite Piercings?
The cost can vary significantly depending on factors, like location, jewelry choice, and the piercing professional’s experience level. Based on these factors, snake bites piercing typically costs between $60 and $120.
Piercings Inspired by Snake Bites
This collection of piercings is inspired by the classic snake bites lip piercing. First is the tongue piercing which is commonly called snake eyes, venom piercing, our double tongue piercing. Then we have the viper piercing which is a double piercing on the sides of your bottom lip.
Snake Bite Tongue Piercing
A venom piercing is a double tongue piercing — one on each side of the tongue. Though not quite as tough-sounding, it’s sometimes called a frog eye-piercing because the balls on the jewelry resemble frog eyes when you open your mouth.
13. Simple and Small Snake Bite Tongue Piercings
14. Small Stud Snake Bites
15. Snake Bite Piercing on Tip of Tounge
Viper Bites Piercing
The viper piercing is made up of double piercings on the bottom lip.
16. Ball Stud Viper Piercing
17. Simple Viper Bite Piercing
18. Diamond Studded Viper Bites
More Piercing Inspiration You’ll Love
If you’re looking for piercing inspiration then check out some of our favorite ideas and learn more about aftercare and healing.
- Classy Lip Piercing – The lips can say so much, and when it comes to adding a lip piercing, they say a whole lot more! With such a wide array of lip and cheek piercings, it can be hard to find the right piercing for you. No matter the location of your lip piercing, you want to make sure you find a style that suits you. Check out our favorite classy lip piercing ideas…(Read More)
- When Can I Change My Ear Piercing? – If you’ve paid to have your piercing done, chances are you don’t want it to close up, and you’d be surprised how quickly this can happen with new piercings. the longer you have a piercing, the longer you can leave it without wearing an earring/piece of jewelry…(Read More)
- How Long Does a Tongue Piercing Take to Heal? – Your tongue is a muscle, so its healing process can be slightly different from a skin piercing. Tongue piercings heal quite quickly compared to other body piercings. However, the healing time can vary from person to person and depends heavily on how well the tongue piercing is being cared for at the start of its life…(Read More)