Inside: 43 Snake Eyes Tongue Piercing Idea + Are They Worth It?
Tongue piercings are nothing new; piercings in the tongue started gaining traction in the late ‘80s and early ‘90s. People love them because they can be more easily hidden than other piercing types—as long as you learn how to talk around the jewelry—and they offer a sensual aspect that people love.
As tongue piercings become more and more popular, people have begun to seek ways to make their tongue piercings truly unique. This has resulted in piercing types like multiple tongue piercings, surface tongue piercings, and the topic of this article, the snake eyes tongue piercing.
Check out this information about the risks, healing time, and also some cool inspiration.
What is a Snake Eye Tongue Piercing?
The Snake Eyes piercing, which may look like two separate piercings, is actually a curved bullbar that penetrates horizontally through the tongue.
Does the Snake Eyes Tongue Piercing Hurt?
The thought of having a small bar and two holes put in your tongue may freak you out, but surprisingly this piercing doesn’t hurt as much as you might think it would. To many people, it just feels like you’ve bitten your tongue rather hard when you’re chewing something.
Cute Snake Eyes Piercing
1. Simple Silver Balled Barbell
2. Small and Wider Snake Eyes
3. Gold Barbell Piercing Jewelry
4. Snake Eyes with Lip Piercing
5. Wider Snake Eyes on Tongue
6. Snake Eyes and Regular Tongue Piercing Combo
7. Snake Eyes with Tongue Piercing
How Long Does It Take for a Tongue Piercing to Heal?
A tongue piercing officially takes between six and eight weeks to completely heal. However, your individual healing process depends entirely on how you care for your new piercing.
How to Eat with Snake Eyes Tongue Piercing
With a newly pierced and swollen tongue, sticking to soft foods that require little to no chewing is the best option. Mild flavors and soft textures such as yogurt and soups are preferred over hot, spicy, and acidic foods that add to the irritation. Using a straw is helpful until the complete healing.
Snake Eyes Tongue Piercing Jewelry
8. Basic Snake Eyes Piercing Idea
9. Dark New Snake Eyes Piercing
10. Large Snake Eyes Jewelry
11. Small Snake Eyes with Tongue Piercing
12. Little Double Tongue Piercing Idea
13. Tip of Tongue Piercing
14. Cute Scoop Tongue Piercing
15. Two Tongue Piercings on Tip of Tongue
How Much Does Snake Eyes Tongue Piercing Cost?
In the US, snake eyes piercings range from $40 to $100.
Where Can I Get Snake Eyes Tongue Piercing Near Me?
The best method to find a piercer that will do this piercing for you is to google credible shops around you. Then research their work and check out their past reviews.
Small Naked Eyes Piercing Ideas
16. Small Snake Eyes
17. Cute Snake Eyes Piercing Idea
18. Double Tongue Piercing with Studs
19. Small Tongue Piercing Jewelry
20. Side View of Snake Eyes Piercing
21. Snake Eyes with Nose Piercing Combo
22. Basic Snake Eyes
23. Small Snake Eyes Jewelry
24. Tip of Tongue Piercing
25. Snake Eyes with Lip Piercing
Are Snake Eyes Piercings Safe?
Most piercers consider the snake eyes piercing to be unsafe. Most reputable piercing shops refuse to do it. There’s a high risk of rejection as well as gum rejection, cracking or chipping of the teeth. The health risks alone are enough to put most people off of this piercing.
In addition to the known health risks of snake eye piercings, the unknown long-term risks are a concern. The tongue consists of two muscles which are connected by the piercing, preventing independent movement. At this point, the long-term effects of this are still unknown. Plus, removing the piercing can leave a pretty nasty scar.
Health isn’t the only concern stopping people from getting this piercing. Another is the appearance itself – it’s really not for everybody.
Risks of Snake Eye Tongue Piercing
The hazard it has on the tongue is that it binds the two muscles, meaning they are unable to move independently.
Also, it is almost guaranteed the client will see gum erosion, cracking/chipping of the teeth, and migration/rejection of the piercing leaving a nasty-looking scar.
Should You Get a Snake Eyes Piercing?
As with any piercing, there are risks and rewards with the snake eyes piercing. Peruse the pros and cons below to see if this piercing is right for you:
- Snake eyes piercings are some of the most unique oral piercings around because of the horizontal placement and edgy feel.
- This piercing can be dressed up or down depending on how obvious you want it to be.
- Piercing migration is a serious concern because of the placement of this piercing. However, this risk can be mitigated by insisting on high-quality jewelry made of stainless steel or titanium.
- Infection is always a potential risk for any piercing. Insisting on proper aftercare minimizes this risk significantly.
Ideas for Piercing Snake Tongue
26. Simple Silver Balled Barbell
27. Small and Wider Snake Eyes
28. Gold Barbell Piercing Jewelry
29. Snake Eyes with Lip Piercing
30. Wider Snake Eyes on Tongue
31. Snake Eyes and Regular Tongue Piercing Combo
32. Snake Eyes with Tongue Piercing
33. Double Tongue Piercing with Studs
34. Small Snake Eyes
35. Cute Snake Eyes Jewelry
Tongue Piercing Ideas
36. Basic Snake Eyes Piercing Idea
37. Dark New Snake Eyes Piercing
38. Large Snake Eyes Jewelry
39. Small Snake Eyes with Tongue Piercing
40. Little Double Tongue Piercing Idea
41. Tip of Tongue Piercing
42. Cute Scoop Tongue Piercing
43. Two Tongue Piercings on Tip of Tongue
More Cute Piercing Inspiration You’ll Love
If you like these cool snake eyes tongue piercing ideas then check out a few more of our favorite posts all about taking care of your new piercing.
- How Long Does a Tongue Piercing Take to Heal? – Your tongue is a muscle, so its healing process can be slightly different from a skin piercing. Tongue piercings heal quite quickly compared to other body piercings. However, the healing time can vary from person to person and depends heavily on how well the tongue piercing is being cared for at the start of its life…(Read More)
- How to Care for a Nose Piercing? – A new nose piercing requires frequent cleanings. Like any new piercing, regular cleanings help keep debris out of the piercing while also preventing infection. However, the aftercare doesn’t stop there. You’ll need to regularly ensure your nose piercing and jewelry are both in good shape to prevent any future problems…(Read More)
- When Can I Change My Ear Piercing? – If you’ve paid to have your piercing done, chances are you don’t want it to close up, and you’d be surprised how quickly this can happen with new piercings. the longer you have a piercing, the longer you can leave it without wearing an earring/piece of jewelry…(Read More)