Inside: 27 Frog Eyes Piercing Ideas + FAQ
Thinking about taking your tongue piercing to the next level? A double tongue piercing may be right for you!
You’ll find all you need to know about the frog eyes piercing below, including pain level, price, procedure details, and healing time.
Double tongue piercings combine two or more punctures of the tongue. These piercings can be situated in different variations depending on preference.
Check out more inspiration!
What is a Frog Eyes Piercing?
A double tongue piercing — one on each side of the tongue. Though not quite as tough-sounding, it’s sometimes called a frog eye-piercing because the balls on the jewelry resemble frog eyes when you open your mouth.
Does the Frog Eyes Tongue Piercing Hurt?
Tongue piercings, in general, tend to hurt much less than most people expect them to. It’s not the initial pain that is so uncomfortable, as much as it is the swelling that follows.
When you get a double tongue piercing, you’re probably going to experience a noticeable amount of more pain than with a single tongue piercing.
As with a single tongue piercing, the healing period tends to be more bothersome than the initial pain. Unfortunately, getting two piercings so close in proximity does mean the piercing pain will be increased.
Frog Eyes Tongue Piercing
1. Double Diamond Studs
2. Two Ball Studs Jewelry
3. Simple Frog Eyes Studs
4. Double Tongue Studs Piercing
5. Two Studs with Stars
6. Small Gold Studs in Tongue
7. Vertical Frog Eyes Piercing
Healing Time for Frog Eyes Piercings
However, healing time can be reduced to 4 – 6 weeks with a strict aftercare regimen. Your healing time depends on your overall health and how you take care of your piercing.
Follow the aftercare guidelines below to ensure a swift healing process:
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before touching or cleaning your piercings.
- Maintain good oral hygiene and be careful when brushing your teeth.
- Check your piercings often to make sure your jewelry is still fastened.
- Clean your piercings twice per day as described below.
How to Eat with Frog Eyes Tongue Piercing
With a newly pierced and swollen tongue, sticking to soft foods that require little to no chewing is the best option. Mild flavors and soft textures such as yogurt and soups are preferred over hot, spicy, and acidic foods that add to the irritation. Using a straw is helpful until the complete healing.
Should You Get a Double Tongue Piercing?
As with any piercing, double tongue piercings have both risks and rewards. Check out the following pros & cons to see if this piercing is right for you:
- Many different variations exist for 2+ tongue piercings, like double horizontal or vertical piercings. Placement possibilities are endless with multiple tongue piercings!
- Jewelry options are fully customizable for these piercings as well. Play around and see what fits your needs for a custom look.
- This combination requires more attention during healing. Some piercers recommend taking a break between punctures to stagger healing. Be prepared to commit a decent amount of time to both healing and getting pierced.
- Multiple piercings demand separate attention when it comes to cleaning. While this isn’t a bad thing in itself, be aware that you’ll need to spend more time cleaning each piercing.
Cute Frog Eyes Piercing Ideas
Make sure you insist on high-quality initial jewelry. Surgical stainless steel or titanium is best to reduce your chance of allergic reaction.
When it comes to style, straight barbells are usually the way to go. A variety of different beads and ends are available to make your tongue piercings uniquely you.
8. Multi-Colored Double Tongue Piercing
9. Double Barbell Piercing on Tongue
10. Frog Eyes Tongue Jewelry
11. Basic Double Tongue Piercing Idea
12. Double Skull Piercing Jewelry
13. Venmon Tongue Piercing Idea
14. Cute Double Tongue Piercing with Studs
15. New Frog Eyes Piercing Idea
16. Simple Frog Eyes Studs
17. Large Fog Eyes Jewelry
How Much Does Frog Eyes Tongue Piercing Cost?
Getting two piercings at once is certainly going to cost more than a single tongue piercing. In general, a frog eyes piercing will cost somewhere between $50 and $100.
Where Can I Get Frog Eyes Tongue Piercing Near Me?
The best method to find a piercer that will do this piercing for you is to google credible shops around you. Then research their work and check out their past reviews.
Frog Bite Piercing Ideas
18. Double Diamond Studs
19. Two Ball Studs Jewelry
20. Simple Frog Eyes Studs
21. Double Tongue Studs Piercing
22. Two Studs with Stars
23. Small Gold Studs in Tongue
24. Vertical Frog Eyes Piercing
25. Multi-Colored Double Tongue Piercing
26. Double Barbell Piercing on Tongue
27. Frog Eyes Tongue Jewelry
More Cute Piercing Ideas You’ll Love
If you like these cool and unique frog eyes piercing ideas, then check out a few more of our favorite posts about piercings.
- When Can I Change My Ear Piercing? – If you’ve paid to have your piercing done, chances are you don’t want it to close up, and you’d be surprised how quickly this can happen with new piercings. the longer you have a piercing, the longer you can leave it without wearing an earring/piece of jewelry…(Read More)
- How Long Does a Tongue Piercing Take to Heal? – Your tongue is a muscle, so its healing process can be slightly different from a skin piercing. Tongue piercings heal quite quickly compared to other body piercings. However, the healing time can vary from person to person and depends heavily on how well the tongue piercing is being cared for at the start of its life…(Read More)
- How to Care for a Nose Piercing? – A new nose piercing requires frequent cleanings. Like any new piercing, regular cleanings help keep debris out of the piercing while also preventing infection. However, the aftercare doesn’t stop there. You’ll need to regularly ensure your nose piercing and jewelry are both in good shape to prevent any future problems…(Read More)